It is a building of neoclassical inspiration built as a private home by Francisco López Domínguez on several plots of land between 1853 and 1854.
It was acquired by the city council in 1908 to locate in it the Casas Consistoriales, located until then in the current Plaza de Blas Infante. Its originality lies in the fact that it is a building set back from the façade line, with an L-shaped access courtyard (former garden).
The main door is adorned with a Neoclassical style portal framed by four columns on a pedestal. The openings of the facade are topped with semicircular arches and false pilasters between openings, with ten balconies and cast iron fittings in the Elizabethan style.
Its floor plan is centered and symmetrical with two interior courtyards. In 1929 the tower of three bodies was built to place the clock and the bells acquired in 1928 from Roses Hermanos de Valencia.
Inside, the Plenary Hall stands out, presided over by the institutional coat of arms of the town and several works by the Salvadoran painter Pedro de Matheu Montalvo and an exceptional navy by the Cadiz artist Justo Ruiz Luna. It is currently the seat of the Mayor’s Office of Puerto Real.