HOUSE OF THE COLUMNS
It was built in the last third of the 18th century by the alderman for life of Puerto Real Mr. Andrés Ruiz, who still owned it in 1798.
During the 19th century it became the property of the Díaz de las Barcenas family. In 1883, a description of the building is preserved, which describes in detail its first floor, around its patio with columns where different dwellings, garage and barns were arranged.
By that time the farm had already become a popular tenement house where several families lived, a use it continued to have until the end of the twentieth century.
It is a remarkable two-story building whose rooms are distributed around a central courtyard with marble columns and semicircular arches and a cistern, with a garden in the background.
One of its most significant elements is its sundial located in the central courtyard, dating from 1720, an element reused in this property from a previous construction.
It also highlights its magnificent façade, a good example of an architectural element of transition from baroque to neoclassical typical of the last decades of the eighteenth century. Inscribed between mixtilinear moldings of baroque tradition, the whole is framed with neoclassical elements such as pilasters on pedestals, frieze and cornice.