This building was built in 1869 by the merchant Diego Ojeda Vega and corresponds to the prototype of a courtyard house of regular proportions, with a single floor and a façade facing two streets.
Its interior is distributed around a main courtyard that is covered with an iron and glass montera of remarkable design. Its façade features a cornice and the typical battlements topped with traditional style oreros. The house remained in the possession of Diego Ojeda’s heirs until 1984.
During the first decades of the 20th century it was the residence of the Marquesa de Montefuerte, hence the popular name “Casa de la Marquesita” (House of the Marquesita). In 2004 and after an important adaptation work, the Municipal Archive was established in this building. Its documentary collection serves to know the life of the city, being the historical memory of the City Council.
Among its documentary series are the books of Chapter Minutes, which give an overview of the municipal actions, the oldest of which dates from 1547, or the renewals of the Royal Privileges of the Villa (1563-1790).
In 2012, on the occasion of the Bicentennial of the Constitution of Cadiz of 1812, a plaque dedicated to Francisco de la Serna y Salcedo, a resident of Puerto Real who participated as a deputy in the General and Extraordinary Courts (1810-1813) in the drafting of the first Spanish constitution, was placed on its façade.